Thursday, August 6, 2009

Life

I was thinking of this today and thought I would share it. I love the perspective she has on life.


Life

If I had my life to live over, I’d make more mistakes next time. I would relax. I would limber up. I would be sillier than I’d been on this trip. I know of very few things I would take seriously. I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers and watch more sunsets. I would eat more ice cream and fewer beans! I would watch less TV and have more picnics.

I would have only actual trouble and very few imaginary ones. I would feel sad, not depressed. I would be concerned, not anxious. I would feel annoyed, not angry. I would regret my mistakes but not spend a lot of time feeling guilty about them.

I would tell more people that I liked them. I would touch my friends. I would forgive others for being human and I would hold no grudges.

I would grow with more children and listen to more old people. I would go after what I wanted without believing that I needed it and I wouldn’t place such a great value on money.

You see, I’m one of those people who lived cautiously, sensibly, sanely, hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I’ve had my moments and if I had it to do over again, I’d have a lot more of them. In fact, I’d have nothing else . . . . just moments, one after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day. I have been one of those people who never went anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat, and a parachute.

If I had it to do over again, I would plant more seeds and make the world more beautiful. I would express my feelings without fear.

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefooted earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would ride on more merry-go-rounds. I’d pick more daisies and I would smile because I would be living free.

Nadine Stahr (at age 85)
Louisville, Kentucky

1 comment:

Hua said...

Hello,

After I read this blog post, I reconsider what I have done in my life. And I realized I should live my life to its fullest, showing appreciation to people around me, and being true to my self. Thank you for sharing.

I am impressed by your support for cancer. I think you should have your voice heard by over 6 million monthly visitors who come to Wellsphere's website to seek information on a variety of health related topics. We would like to raise the awareness of cancer, and connect you and other people who are in similar situations. Through Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, you can engage with others to lend a helping hand for one another.

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks