Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Raising Awareness

The cause of fighting against cancer needs spokespeople and one way that we've been able to fight back is by getting involved with public speaking opportunities. Tracy is particularly good with telling her story. Recently, we were asked to speak at Waverly High School as part of their "Purple Week" to raise awareness of the dangers with cancer. As usual, Tracy did a great job telling her story. On the other hand, I found out that following Tracy and speaking about personal issues are not easy for me to do. I always get a little emotional listening to Tracy speak. And I was out of my comfort zone talking about our experiences with cancer in front of so many former students.

We were very impressed with the turnout of students who came to the Purple Rally. We'd like to thank the committee for asking us to speak!

No comments: