Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Don't Get Around Much Anymore

Ever hear the old song, Don't Get Around Much Anymore? I don't know who sang it first, but I know that I've heard Harry Connick, Jr. sing it. I don't remember the words, but I know that the end phrase of every verse is that title phrase. And that's pretty much been popping into my head from time to time these days. Tracy and I don't get out much these days. Quite often, of course, it's because of Tracy's health or not feeling well. But it's not all bad. Since we've met, it has been go-go-go. We like going out. However, even before we were married, we both talked about slowing down. Saving money, eating in, simple pleasures. So we are doing that a lot more now. Don't get me wrong, we do go out. In fact, last night we saw a good movie "Grand Torino". But this chemo thing has forced us to slow down, spend less, and stay home.

We've gotten into playing board games and Scrabble, playing cards when we have company, but mostly watching more TV. We've always loved watching The Biggest Loser together. And there are other shows that I love or Tracy loves to watch. Since we went to a movie last night, Tracy will get to see the recording of "The Bachelor". I don't really like the show that much, but I do get a kick out of watching Tracy react to the women on the show. Tracy's face lights up with an combination of delight and anticipation when those women start arguing with each other. The best comparison I can come up with is a kid on Christmas morning staring at the presents under the tree. Unfortunately, I'll miss watching her watch the Bachelor tonight, but hopefully I'll catch the low lights.

No comments: