Sunday, March 8, 2009

Round Six

Tomorrow Tracy goes to her sixth and final chemo treatment. I can't truthfully say that the time has "flown by". It's been a long road. Yesterday, I got a little taste of what it must feel like to go through chemotherapy in that I had food poisoning-- losing six pounds in 24 hours. It was tough, every minute of it. But today I'm feeling better. It reminded me of how Tracy must be feeling the week after she goes through chemo. This particular treatment, the last one, should be the toughest. Tracy's really handed things quite well considering everything. I had a tough time with the 24 hour flu and Tracy's basically been sick for 18 weeks.

It's been tough, but both of us are glad to be going through this for the last time. Of course, I've had the much easier job of the two. But I can't wait for things to get back to "normal". We didn't really have much of a chance for things to settle down from the wedding before the diagnosis. Cancer will always be on our minds, or maybe in the back of our minds. But at least my wife won't have to be suffering from these side effects and we'll have other things to worry about, like the landscaping in front of the house or planning our next family get together.

No comments: