Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Breast Cancer Affects So Many

After coming back to work, I learned just how common breast cancer really is. I had no idea how many people are affected by it. The teacher that teaches next door to me has a mother who is a 1o year breast cancer survivor. The next closest person in proximity to my room has a sister-in-law and close friend who are dealing with breast cancer. Of the six people on my teaching team, half of them have parents dealing with some type of cancer. In addition to that, we have one teacher on the faculty and a school secretary who have been diagnosed with breast cancer over the past two years. The empathy that they've shown to me since coming back to work has been so supportive. It's really made a difference for me. And I'll never forget it.

No comments: